WWW.LAKERS.2FEAR.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Lakers Live!  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Odom & Ariza, not worried about contract situations

Go down 

Do you think Odom & Ariza will get resign?
Yes, both of them will.
Odom & Ariza, not worried about contract situations Vote_lcap56%Odom & Ariza, not worried about contract situations Vote_rcap
 56% [ 50 ]
No, neither of them will be.
Odom & Ariza, not worried about contract situations Vote_lcap7%Odom & Ariza, not worried about contract situations Vote_rcap
 7% [ 6 ]
Just Odom will be resign.
Odom & Ariza, not worried about contract situations Vote_lcap6%Odom & Ariza, not worried about contract situations Vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
Just Ariza will be resign.
Odom & Ariza, not worried about contract situations Vote_lcap31%Odom & Ariza, not worried about contract situations Vote_rcap
 31% [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 89

AuthorMessage
KB10
Administrator
Administrator
KB10

Male
Number of posts : 129
Team : Lakers
Team You Hate On : Boston and Suns
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Odom & Ariza, not worried about contract situations Empty
PostSubject: Odom & Ariza, not worried about contract situations   Odom & Ariza, not worried about contract situations Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2008, 4:04 pm

LA Times:

Odom & Ariza, not worried about contract situations 610x

Both forwards are in the final year of their contracts.

One big-time business deal is in the books for the Lakers, the signing of Andrew Bynum to a contract extension Thursday that secured the young center until 2013.

But next summer will bring more business dealings for the Lakers. Lamar Odom and Trevor Ariza are in the final year of their contracts, and Kobe Bryant can opt out of his contract next summer.

Odom and Ariza were happy to hear that Bynum had signed a four-year, $57.4-million contract extension. Odom and Ariza can't negotiate new deals until July 1, but neither seemed concerned about his future when they talked Friday after practice.

Odom will earn $11.4 million in the final year of his contract this season. (His salary counts as $14.1 million against the salary cap because of a trade kicker he received when the Lakers acquired him from Miami.)

Last summer Odom's agent talked to the Lakers' management about a contract extension but was told to wait until next summer. Odom, who turns 29 Thursday, was asked if he'd be willing to take less money to stay with the Lakers.

"If the deal is long enough, yeah, I could," Odom said. "All my power is in L.A., as far as what I'm trying to do off the court with my businesses." He was also asked if his preference was to make at least what he is getting now, in the $11-million to $12-million per year range.

"Who wants to take a pay cut?" Odom said. "Nobody. A garbage man, if he makes $8 [an hour] one day, he at least wants to make $8 or $9 the next day. He works every day. He doesn't want to take a cut.

"It won't be an issue until it's an issue. For me to be worrying about it right now, I can't do nothing. Tell me what options do I have?"

Ariza, whom the Lakers acquired last season in a trade with the Orlando Magic, will make $3.1 million this year.

, Ariza has been very solid in the first two games, averaging 11 points, four rebounds and making four of five three-pointers.

He's also a local product who was a star at Westchester High and UCLA.

"This is home for me," Ariza said. "I would like to play here, but I know it's a business. Both sides have to do what they have to do." Ariza is also represented by David Lee, Bynum's agent.

"I'm looking at this as a year that we have a team that can do something special," Ariza said. "I'm sure that's going to take care of itself at the end of the day."

As for Bryant, he can terminate the last two years of his $47.8-million contract next summer. Then Bryant could sign a five-year, $135-million extension with the Lakers.

Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak will have his hands full next summer.

"When you have a team that you think is talented and they continue to play well, there are going to be challenges during the off-season in keeping the group together," Kupchak said. "So we'll have those challenges. But right now our approach would be to get through the season, eliminate as many of the distractions as possible and address those issues that are to be addressed next summer."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lakers2fear

Odom & Ariza, not worried about contract situations
Page 1 of 1